Saturday, December 13, 2008

Our Christmas Party


Thanksgiving has come and gone and Christmas is just around the corner. I absolutely love the sounds of Christmas and hearing songs about the Savior. Last night was our church & academy Christmas party. Have I mentioned how spoiled we are? We are so blessed to have such a loving pastor & church. I can't believe I get paid for doing what I love!

Upon entering the pastor's house we were given a roll of pennies to be saved for later that night. Then, we had a delicious 4 course meal which ended in triple chocolate cheesecake. It was the best! After a short devotional emphasizing that "life doesn't get better than this," the games began. Our pastor's son announced that we would be having an auction and we would be using our roll of pennies to bid on various wrapped gifts. It was tons of fun! I waited to bid on lot#37 because 3 and 7 are my favorite numbers. I unwrapped my gift and guess what I got for only 25 cents? A rotten apple and....... a $50 gift card to Wal-Mart. What a blessing! God definitely provides. I needed exactly $50 to pay for my perscription medicine. Guess where I get my medicine from? That's right~Wal-Mart. God is so good and always takes care of His children.

3 comments:

Anne said...

That's a great blessing! I love when the Lord not only meets our needs, but does it in an "exceeding abundantly" way:).

Grace said...

Hi Kathy, I'm happy for you after reading your post about Christmas Party. But I'm sad, we miss the Christmas Pary this day because of these storm snow. (How do you call that?)
Merry Christmas to you and to the rest of the family. :)

Grace said...

Hi Kathy, how are you doing? It has been awhile since your last post in here. I hope that you are doing good.
I hope to hear from you soon. :)