Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Friday's Blessings

“Ain’t God good to give us so many blessings,
Undeserving that’s what we are.
We are to thank Him, love and praise Him,
A little more today, a whole lot more tomorrow.”

It was a fabulous day at school on Friday! God is so good to me and filled my Friday with His wonderful blessings. First, during dismissal, one of my moms came to pick up her son and brought me lunch. I taught two of her other children and she has become a friend of mine through the years. She is such a sweet and giving person. God has truly used her family to be a blessing to me. They are not a wealthy family, but they sacrifice and give in order to show their appreciation to others. Second, not only did she bring me lunch, but she also handed me a thank you card. Inside the card was a $50 visa gift card! What a surprise! I had some needs that only God knew about, and He used this family to provide for them. It is so amazing how God goes beyond what you can even imagine.
And the blessings continue… When one of my roommates came home from helping with a teen activity, she asked me if I wanted to go with her and my other roommate on a hot air balloon ride on Saturday morning. She was given free tickets. Of course, I said yes! I have never been on a hot air balloon ride before, and for that, I was even willing to sacrifice my sleeping in time. When we got there, it was too windy for the balloons to go up and so it was kind of a disappointment, but God is still good. On the way out, we saw a funnel cake stand and we bought one to share. It was made fresh and we absolutely loved it. In the midst of disappointment, God always has a blessing waiting around the corner. And the stand was literally around the corner!

No comments: