Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Thank You For Your Prayers

Today was a busy day!!! My kindergarteners had their Thanksgiving program. Our class performs 3 programs a year, and today they had their very 1st one. After 2 months of practicing and praying, the day finally arrived. My students were dressed oh so very cute in their Pilgrim & Indian gear. Parents arrived, I nervously gave my mini speech, and then they performed beautifully. I was so proud of them! There was only one child who got scared and didn't do his part, but I always have a backup plan just in case this happens. This isn't the first time! Afterwards, we had a traditional Thanksgiving Dinner with a side of Asian food. It was delicious! The parents really came together and brought lots of food and were a wonderful help during clean-up. I feel so blessed to have such support.


While our pastor was praying this morning during our meeting, I hear my phone ring with what seemed to be the loudest ringer ever. Of course, I can't find it in my huge purse to silence it. So, I quickly run out of the room in embarrassment. It was my mom calling, so I immediately call her back. She told me that her car broke down and she might not be able to make it to her appointment (the one in which she was to find out the results to her CAT scan for her heart). Well I call my best friend and she comes to the rescue, picks my mom up, and even goes in with her to hear the results. (Just a side note: Rebecca, you're the best and I truly thank God for blessing me with your friendship.) God is so good and answers prayer because this afternoon my mom called me and told me the doctor said everything was fine. She was so happy and thankful for everyone's prayers. She was expecting terrible news, but God showed her He was in control the whole time. It was only about two weeks ago that her tests had come back abnormal, and she was told that she had some kind of blood leakage or splattering. I am so thankful for His goodness, and for turning one of my most stressful days, into one in which I can glorify Him for all He's done. To all who read this blog, thank you, thank you, and thank you so much for your prayers for my mom, it meant so much to me.

1 comment:

Grace said...

Hi Kathy, I'm happy for you about the success of the performance and the good news about your mom's health.
I have prayed for my mom every night, too.