Monday, November 3, 2008

My Fabulous Birthday

The Lord has truly blessed me beyond measure. I have such wonderful friends, and they made my birthday so special. I can't even begin to tell you how very spoiled I am. The day started off great and ended with a blast. I had a wonderful day at school. Everyone was so thoughtful. My friends brought their classes over to my class singing Happy Birthday and presenting me with gifts and chocolate. Tonight, we went to Outback Steakhouse for my birthday dinner. It was delicious! I had never been there before, so it was an experience to remember. My friends got together and bought me a keyboard, something I have been praying for, for quite some time. I still can't believe it. Not only that, I had the most beautiful cake. It had butterflies on it which I love and it was absolutely perfect. Then we headed to the mall for a special surprise. We went to Build A Bear and I got to build my very own bear! I have always wanted to do that! I just had the best birthday ever! Here are some pictures of the blessed event:


My beautiful butterfly cake!


Can you believe they got me a keyboard? What an answer to prayer!



My bear all dressed up.

3 comments:

Deborah said...

Happy Birthday! Cute bear, and the keyboard looks wonderful! We had a Casio keyboard for years...it finally wore out!

Anonymous said...

Kathy,
I'm so glad that you had a wonderful birthday! If anyone deserves a blessed day, it's you. Thanks for putting the pics on the blog so I can see all your goodies. Love the cake! Your bear is so adorable, especially in that cute blue dress. Love Ya!
~Rebecca

Teacherbug said...

Hi Kathy!

Hope you had a great birthday!

Thanks for the message on my post. It was encouraging. I'm not trying to rush anything, but the waiting is the hardest part. I think this guy is well worth the wait if it is the Lord's will for us to be together. I tend to be a guarded person after being hurt by those who claim to love me the most, so I try to avoid rash decisions. Thank you so much for your prayers!