Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Note

This past week I got a note from 2 of my old students. They collaborated during recess and came up with this together and one of them gave it to me after school. It meant so much to me to know that they still miss & love me. HOW SWEET & SPECIAL!!!

Growing up in a public school, I never felt loved by my teachers. There were some who were nicer than others, but I don’t ever remember them telling us they loved us. How sad is that? So… I made it a goal in my classroom that my students will always know I love them and more importantly that God loves them. I get to tell them freely everyday that God loves them so much that He sent His Son to die for their sins so they can go to heaven.

As I think of the note I was given, I think of another note that God has given to the world. God’s Word, the Bible, is His personal love letter to us. In It, the pages are filled with His promises, His mercy, His compassion, His sacrifice, and His love is written all over it. Through It, we can find comfort, help in time of need, answers to life’s problems, and victory over temptations. When we read His Word…God speaks to us!!! He shows us His will, how to avoid wrong decisions, and the blessings that come from trusting Him and obeying what He says.

“Blessed Bible, sacred treasure
Precious Book of all the best
There is Comfort never failing
And a calm abiding rest.”

“Read with reverence, and commit it,
Verse by verse, and day by day
It’s the Word that God has spoken
And it shall not pass away.”

4 comments:

Teacherbug said...

I have a folder of notes, cards, and drawings that my students have giving me this year. Some have donated to my "new car" fund (which is a complete joke...if the kids happened to be playing with money in class, I'd stick it in my desk and says thanks for the donation...but I'd return it by the end of the day). They are so precious.
I was public schooled as well and know what you mean. I think I had one teacher that said she loved us. She was an inspiration to me.

God bless!

Grace said...

hi Ms Kathy, thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. And oh, i like your blog very much... the post are very inspiring. i hope you don't mind that i add your blog to my list. i really feel that we need to get along with fellow christian for encouraging one another... :)

Arlene said...

What a sweet story. I have many memories of teachers who loved me (I went to a very small Christian school for my whole academic "career") and I know those women are a very large part of the reason I am where I am in my Christian walk today! Keep doing what you're doing; it makes all the difference in some childrens' lives! :o)

Anonymous said...

You're such a good teacher! I know it takes tons of time, planning, and organization in order to make a successful field trip and you manage to do it every time.
Those children are blessed to have you as their teacher and I know you're blessed by them. Thanks for sharing the pics and stories.
Miss You,
Rebecca