Monday, October 13, 2008

BLESSINGS FROM ABOVE


I thought I would share a few of my blessings from this past weekend. First of all, because money was a little tight this paycheck and I had to do some traveling, I wasn’t able to pay my portion of the cell phone bill (I share a plan w/ my mom). I explained the situation to my mom and she was very understanding. Moms are so awesome! They still help us out when we’re in a bind even when we’re adults and live in another state. I just love her! By the way, I feel terrible about it all because this doesn’t usually happen. I told her I would pay her as soon as I can. So in the meanwhile, I prayed extra that God would provide for her. And guess what? God never fails! God is good, ALL THE TIME! She called me on Friday and told me that she had received $43 in tips that day. I owed her $40, which God just provided for, plus He gave her an extra $3. What a blessing!

And of course the blessings continue… Today at church in the 8 & 9's Sunday School Class I help in, I got the opportunity to lead a little boy to the Lord. He came on the church bus for the first time last week and he was one of the ones chosen to be a part of the soda game we played. He seemed to enjoy class and I was so happy to see him come again. After the lesson, during today’s invitation, he raised his hand! It was so exciting to share the Gospel with him and to hear him pray to accept Jesus as his Savior! I thank God for the bus ministry. It’s because of the faithful bus workers that kids have an opportunity to go to church, hear the Gospel, and be saved.

2 comments:

Leah said...

It's always a blessing to hear the goodness of God in other's lives. Have a great week

Starr said...

Yep, God is good. And I agree - I have adult children too (well in their early and mid 20's) but I don't care if they were senior citizens, I'd give them my last dollar if I thought they needed it! I adore my children! Your Momma must feel the same way about you.