Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My Classroom

It’s that time again when seasons change and so do my bulletin boards. Sometimes I dread changing them out because of all the work involved and the fact that I can be a perfectionist. At the same time, it is also exciting to change the room around and my students love it. I was able to get some good ideas when I went to a conference at Pensacola Christian College a few years ago. So… I thought that I would post some pictures of my classroom bulletin boards and maybe they might be a small help to someone else looking for ideas for their classroom. As soon as I finish decorating for fall, I’ll post those too.



My Welcome Board


We learn vowels first, and we sing "Old MacDonald Had a Farm"
using vowel sounds instead of animal sounds.



Fun with Numbers


An extra white board that I usually decorate. It is also magnetic, which is great. I can just put magnetic tape on the back of whatever I put on this board so that I can move things around easily.


I also like to decorate our back door so my students have something to look at when they line up to go out to recess. This door is metal and magnetic tape can also be used. I love magnetic tape!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kathy,
You're such a wonderful blessing to so many people and you've always been an huge encouragement in my life. I appreciate you servants heart, your sense of humor and your frienship in the Lord. May God continue to use you as a vessel of honor for His glory. I love ya!
Rebecca

Starr said...

I love your bulletin board ideas! They are so cute! I decorate the bulletin board in our church foyer every season and I know what a challenge it can be to come up with ideas.

Leah said...

Kathy, thanks for stopping by my blog! I think this is a super cute idea for center pieces http://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/2725123.aspx you'll have to click on the picture link to see what they look like but it's super cute. If the link doesn't work, google orange slice pumpkins :)