Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Pumpkin Patch

FIELD TRIPS~ Now I have to admit that I don’t particularly love field trips, but it's a blast for my students so….away we go. This Friday, my Kindergarten class went to the “Pumpkin Patch” with the 1st & 2nd graders. The Pumpkin Patch is in quotes because it’s actually a carnival with a side of pumpkins. The kids got to jump on unlimited jump houses and obstacle courses, go on a hay ride, walk through a hay maze, and pick a pumpkin on the way out. What fun, huh? Well… not so much for the parent chaperones, who sat crowding around the only amount of shade available. Needless to say, I felt so sorry for them~ it was definitely hot. As I took pictures of the kids, I passed out some tracts to the workers. One lady named Christine said that she really needed to get back into church and would try to come. I saw another man looking through the tract I gave him as I walked away.

The highlight of our trip for me was when it was my class’s turn to go on the hay ride. Because the Pumpkin Patch is located near a mini outdoor mall, our hay ride on concrete passed through little shops and restaurants with outdoor eating areas. Not the normal type of hay ride you’d imagine, but still lots of fun. My students were so excited and waved at everyone they saw. They even wanted to sing songs. So… we waved and sang Jesus loves me, the B-I-B-L-E, & more. What really blessed my heart was when they would wave and say “Jesus Loves You!” to those who were passing by. It was so adorable!!! They thought of this on their very own. I didn’t tell them to say a word. They have such a love for God that they weren’t even ashamed to proclaim it. It was also a testimony to the unsaved workers who were driving and riding with us. If only we as adults would be so bold.

No comments: