Sunday, October 19, 2008

Singing His Praises

“I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify thy name for evermore.” Psalm 86:12

The Lord is excellent, wonderful, my strength, and my song. He knows my deepest thoughts, my heart, and He loves me with a love that never fails even when I fail Him. He is so GOOD and He takes the time to think about me, one who is unworthy of anything good. Praise the Lord for His mercy and His compassion! As I reflect back on this week, here are some praises that I want to thank the Lord for:
1. My mom went to the doctor because she was having some chest pains and numbing in her arm. All of her tests have not come back yet, but she was prescribed some medicine and given tips to help her prevent a heart attack & stroke. I am very thankful that she went to the doctor before it was too late, and that everything seems to be okay so far. Please continue to pray for her! Another praise...The Lord’s been blessing like He always does, and she’s been getting a lot more tips at work even though business is really slow!
My beautiful mom- Can you believe she is over 60 years old?

2. My class gets out at noon, but I get to stay until the end of the school day, which I love because some of my former students come and visit me. So...I put a bowl of candy by my classroom door and at dismissal here they come. It can get crowded at times, and I know that it’s surprising, but sometimes they don’t even want the candy, they just come to say hi. Isn’t that just the sweetest? Well on Thursday, one of my girls from last year came and asked me if I could do her a favor and pray for her mom because she was out of town. At the time, I was talking to a parent from last year and told her of course I would, but instead of leaving the classroom to find her dad she just stayed there. So in the meanwhile, I continue talking to some kids and parents who have also come to visit. Her dad then comes in with her two other sisters, waits a little while, and then asks her, “Did you ask her?” and she says, “I’m waiting.” Then, she comes up to me with the sweetest voice and says, “Can you please pray for my mom with me.....right now?” It was so cute! I felt so bad because all that time she was waiting to ask me to pray with her right then. So in the midst of kids coming in and out of my classroom, all the noise and believe me it was NOISY, and kids playing, we bow down on our knees and I pray for her mom. It truly blessed my heart that she would ask me to pray with her. I just love working in a Christian school!

3. Just one more…. I was given a new kitchen for my classroom by a friend and former parent. Her daughter is now in 2nd grade. Wow, am I getting old! It is SUPER nice! My students saw it on Friday morning and were in awe. They loved it, even the boys wanted in on the action. Just last year I remember walking through Sam’s Club seeing a kitchen and so wishing I could afford to buy one for my class. Then, a couple of weeks later, I was given a small kitchen. And now… I have 2!

My old kitchen, which which was an answer to prayer.

My new kitchen, which is an special extra blessing.

Thank you for reading this blog and for all your encouraging comments. Have a great week serving the Lord!

3 comments:

Nina in Portugal said...

Kathy,
Thank you for entering my give-a-way!

It was good to 'meet' you! You have a beautiful blog, and you are right, your' mom doesn't look a day over 35!! I will pray for her and her health.

I will be keeping an eye on you and your blog...God Bless You as you labor for Him in school!

Anonymous said...

This is a great pic of your mom but it still doesn't do her justice: she is such a beautiful woman. Like mother like daughter!
~rebecca

Heather said...

Hello! I found you over on Nina's blog. I love your blog! :) I also love working with kids and I love teaching. I currently teach piano to over 20 students and they are the sweetest students!!! I'm bookmarking your blog - I'll be back to visit!

My blog is: www.pray-without-ceasing.blogspot.com

PS: Are you Filpino?